Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Chapter 5- Knowledge Structures- Schemata

In Chapter 5, a concept that resonated with me was schemata pg. 125. Schemata is defined as developed knowledge structures. The structures we make allows us to “interpret, remember, and organize new information.”

I found this concept meaningful because I can relate to knowledge structures. I can relate to the example the book talks about. I am always curious about the first day of class when we meet new students, see how the teacher presents themselves, and the material of the class. The first day of class follows a specific routine which I can remember from previous years of being in school. I am familiar with the process, so it is easy for me to remember what will go on during the first day. I already know the straight forward process of getting an introduction of the class, an overview of their specific grading, and what is expected from us. Overall, this allows me to make sense of what is going on.

No comments: